1. Product Overview
The HDPE self adhesive waterproofing membrane sheet consists of an HDPE membrane as base material, a polymer adhesive layer and a protective layer(PE membrane or mineral grain, sand). It is specially designed for underground construction and tunnel engineering use, taking advantage of its strong reactive bonding ability with post-poured concrete.
This product has a sand finish to protect the self-adhesive layer, which makes it ready for workers to work on top and provides perfect bonding with post-poured concrete.
This product has a peelable isolating PE film over the self-adhesive layer. And it is mainly used on walls or as sealing tape to seal the butt joint of the Sand finish type membrane.
Sand finish HDPE self-adhesive membrane structure PE finish HDPE self-adhesive membrane structure
3. Product Specification
4. Product Features
1. Unique formula & perfect waterproofing: The combination of special non-asphaltic reactive adhesive and polymer sheet makes this material possesses advantages like high tensile strength, impact resistance, puncture resistance, self-adhesive and easy construction.
2.Skin tight structure resists "water breakthrough": The strong chemical bonding between product and post-poured concrete forms a skin tight waterproof structure , so that when a partial perforation or breakage occurs, water breakthrough is well resisted.
3.Anti-sedimentation and anti-cracking: Due to the special pre-paving & inverted bonding construction method, product has no structural bonding to the substrate, so that waterproof layer's integrity is well guaranteed even if sedimentation occurs to substrate after construction.
4.Impact resistance and puncture resistance: The polymer sheet's excellent property can well support the construction load and impact of post-poured concrete, making it the perfect material for such type of construction.
5.Low requirement for the substrate surface preparation, saving construction time & cost: Due to the pre-paving &inverted bonding construction, substrate needs little leveling, damp is acceptable, construction is less susceptible to weather, and no protective layer is required.
6) Cold application, no heat no flame: The strong adhesive ensures excellent lap bonding, thus no hot gas welding is
7) Bacterium resistant & mould resistant: Theoretically this product has a durability of 100 years in underground use.
8) Safe & Eco-friendly: Substrate surface needs no special treatment, construction procedures requires no solvent, no fuel of any kind and no hot gas welding also.
5. Application Scope
1) Transportation system: railway, subway, highway & tunnels waterproof;
2) Underground project: building basement & air-defense construction waterproof;
3) Environmental engineering: refuse landfill, wastewater treatment plant & chemical pool;
4) Water conservancy project: reservoir, dam, water channel & artificial lake.
6. Construction Method
Highway, railway and high-speed railway tunnels waterproof work adopt pre-paving & inverted bonding application. This pre-paving application method is to pre-pave the DCPS membrane(with the HDPE/EVA side facing the substrate) over the entire substrate of the first concrete lining, mechanically fix the DCPS membrane onto the substrate, then execute the second concrete lining over the entire DCPS membrane(the sand side). Later on, chemical cross-linking reactions will take place between the polymer self-adhesive material from the DCPS membrane and the fresh concrete, forming a tight and sturdy bonding between the concrete structure and the DCPS waterproof membrane, providing superior waterproof performance.
Tunnel arch crown – snap lines – install upholder(hanging nails) – pave DCPS membrane – mechanically fix DCPS membrane(tie hanging tapes) – overlapping DCPS membrane – joint sealing - reinforcement assembling – concrete lining.
For underground project
Subway and building basement waterproof work adopt pre-paving & inverted bonding application. This application method is to pre-pave the DCPS membrane(with the HDPE/EVA side facing the substrate) over the entire level substrate surface or vertical retaining structure surface, fix the DCPS membrane onto the surface accordingly, then execute the concrete lining over the entire DCPS membrane surface(the sand side). Later on, chemical cross-linking reactions will take place between the polymer self-adhesive material from the DCPS membrane and the fresh concrete, forming a tight and sturdy bonding between the concrete structure and the DCPS waterproof membrane, providing superior waterproof performance.
Level surface: substrate cleaning – snap lines – pave DCPS membrane – overlapping DCPS membrane – joint sealing – reinforcement assembling – concrete lining.
Vertical surface: substrate cleaning – snap lines – pave DCPS membrane – mechanically fix DCPS membrane – overlapping DCPS membrane - reinforcement assembling - concrete lining.
7. Executive Standard & Performance Index
|Executive standard: GB/T23457-2009 Pre-paving/Wet-paving Waterproof Membrane|
Tensile strength/(N/50mm) ≥
Membrane elongation at break/% ≥
Nail tear resistance/N ≥
Dia(10±0.1)mm, no leakage
20kg, no leakage
70℃, 2h, No displacement, flow or dripping
-23℃, no cracking
Anti-watermoving between layers
0.6Mpa, no water running
Peel strength with post-poured concrete/(N/mm) ≥
Cement powder contaminated surface
Sediment contaminated surface
Ultraviolet radiation aging
After immersed in water
Lap joint shear strength/(N/mm) ≥
Thermal ageing (70℃, 168h)
Tension retain/% ≥
Elongation retain/% ≥
-23℃, no cracking
No wrinkles, sliding or flowing
Dimensional change/% ≤
7. Package & Storage
1) Product is packed in rolls and wrapped by plastic membrane.
2) Store the product in a dry, ventilated and cool place. Prevent the product from insolation and rain.
3) Place the product flat-wise, with stacking height less than 5 layers. Any incline or crossover should be prevented.
4) Under normal storage condition, product shelf life is one year.
8. Project Cases