HDPE Reinforced Self-adhesive Bituminous Membrane is made of a special cross-laminated high-density polyethylene (HDPE) film composited with high quality polymer rubber asphalt by a special process, with the asphalt side protected by a silicone release film which needs to be removed prior to the application of the product.
By adding reactive additives into adhesive bitumen compound, it can form chemical bonds with Ionic compounds such as Calcium silicate generated by cement hydration.
Strong Cross film VS Polyethylene film
Strong Cross film
1. Excellent puncture-resistance to plant root & heavy things
1. No puncture resistance to plant root and heavy things
2. Good tear-resistance
2. Easier to tear
3. Excellent thermal dimension stability, weather resistance, anti-acid & Alkali
3. Easier to Shrink when temperature getting higher.
4. Good anti-aging, service life can be up to over 10 years even exposed to sunlight.
4. Getting aging faster and service life is less than 5 years if exposed to sunlight.
2. Reactive adhesive material VS Conventional adhesive material
Reactive adhesive material
Conventional adhesive material
1. Excellent creep properties, effectively sealing minor cracks.
1. Inferior creep properties & possible leakage upon strong ground settlement & movement.
2. Excellent self-healing. Won’t be effected by ground settlement & movement.
2. Limited self-healing.
3. Excellent adhesion and hard to peel off
3. Easier to peel off as time passing
4. Physical adsorption & chemical action. Won’t be affected by external factors and time as the existing of chemical bonds between membrane and concrete.
4. Physical adsorption. Adhesion decreasing as the external influence of heat circulation and moisture and result in leakage.
|Executive standard: GB/T23457-2009 Pre-paving/Wet-paving Waterproof Membrane|
Tensile Property (N/50mm)
Tensile Strength /（N/50mm）≥
Elongation at brake / % ≥
Tear Strength / N ≥
70℃, 2h, no displacement, no dripping
Cold Flexibility /℃
-15℃, no cracking
0.3Mpa, 120min, no leakage
Peel Strength of lapping joints /（N/mm）≥
Oil tightness / piece ≤
Peel Strength at concrete surface /（N/mm）≥
Peel Strength at concrete surface aft soaking /（N/mm）≥
Substrate should be flat, smooth and free from any contamination, cavities or projecting points.
Draw datum line on substrate and trial pave membrane to make sure of a minimum 70 mm overlap at the long sides of membrane and a minimum 100 mm overlap at the short sides.
Apply a thin cement mortar over the substrate as a primer. Then pave the membrane on after having the silicone release film peeled off, press the membrane down firmly onto the cement mortar ensuring that the adhesive bitumen compound bonds continuously to the substrate with no air bubbles in between.
Allow a minimum 70 mm overlap at the long sides of the membrane and a minimum 100 mm overlap at the short sides, press or roll the entire overlap area to ensure a positive watertight bond.
All overlaps on vertical or inclined surfaces must be carried out to produce “Weathered Overlaps”.
Structure corners shall be filled or rounded off to an arc shape to create a smooth transition for the membrane.
The applied membrane should be protected by covers or boards before further protective structure or decoration layer is built. Take caution not to damage the membrane layer while working on top of it.
Where to use
● All kinds of underground waterproof projects
● Underground parking lot and building roof for planting
● Coastal projects having seawater erosion and structure deformation
● Granary, electronic factory needing high grade of waterproof or corrosion prevention
Package and transportation
● Membranes should be stored under dry and ventilated conditions.
● Different types of membranes must be piled separately.
● Under usual condition, storage period is one year since production date.
● Membrane roll should be put vertically during transportation. It should be kept away from sunshine and rai