Hot Melt SBS Bituminous Waterproofing Membrane is made by soaking the base in bitumen or Thermopylae ticityelastomer(such as styrene butadiene-SBS) modified bitumen, then covering double faces with elastomer(SBS) modified bitumen, and lastfinishing the upward face with fine sands, mineral slates(or grains) or polythene membrane etc, while downward face with fine sands or polythene membrane.
2.Structure of product
1,Easy to apply (by torch) and Highly mechanical properties
2, Absolute impermeability to water and High elasticity at sever low temperature from -10°C up to -20°C
3,Resistant to chemicals attack probable to be existing in soil
4,Excellent high temperature performance and Excellent adhesion on any surface
5,High dimensional stability and Environmentally friendly
Mostly important waterproof projects and civil construction projects for slope roof, wallcoating, underground waterproof , bathroom membrane, washroom membranes etc , waterproof and moisture proof .
Bridge , road ,park,swimming pool , tunnel, water reservoir,water tank waterproof membrane.
1) Base processing: the base surface must be clean, solid, level, dry; no grit, rift and loosing dust. For a large recess, fill it with cement mortar and then level it. Remove the protrusion and clean dust. If working on base slab or lateral face, water lowering should be done.
2) Painting primer: before laying the membrane, clean the dust on the surface of concrete base with dust catcher or dust-blower.
3) Heat to melt: place membrane correctly, fire torch, heat the membrane with base entirely, when the surface of the membrane is black and bright with a fusion layer, apply the membrane and press it into a solid and flat state. Before the membrane is cool, seal the edge of joint by float.
4) Requirements for lapping: There should be less than 3 layers of lapping, with the joint seams appearing as "T" type, avoid 4 layers of lapping. The width of longitudinal lapping is between 50 and 80mm, and of end-lap joint 100mm.
GB18242-2008 Elastomer Modified Asphalt Waterproofing Material
Soluble content /(g/ sqm)
No flow drip
Low temperature flexibility/ ° C
Maximum tension ( N/50mm )
Second high tension (N/50mm)
no crack or separate
Second high elongation
1). Basement complex conditions, good income header processing quite critical, so be careful construction, lap seal (or seam) in order to ensure the integrity of the waterproof layer, waterproof membrane lap joint is weak layerLink, it must do edge treatment.
2). The operator may not wear nail shoes, flat shoes should wear soft construction.
3). Winter construction should choose low temperature of the web 10 ℃ lower than the temperature of the product, and the web store above 0 ℃ areas, before moving into the field use, handling to prevent break.
Hot melt construction, brushing primary treatment agent must be dried for 4 hours (or more appropriate sticky feet) above Stones roll operation can be carried out, in order to avoid fire, the construction site should be configured with the right amount of fire-fighting equipment.
1) Different items, models, dimensions and grades should be stored separately.
2. Store the products in a dry and ventilated place with the storage temperature less than 50℃, and products should be placed upright and stacked no more than two layers.
3) Keep products in an upright position during transportation., avoid incline and cross squeeze between rolls.
4) The shelf-life is one year under normal storage condition.